Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Markers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0004F7GF8/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

To me, it is a blessing that there are Sharpie oil-based paint markers. I don’t care much for the brushes and paint. Brushes get hard, and you really have to keep them clean. The paint is just too much for me to handle, but when you have a Sharpie, the paint stays in the marker. You do not smell or inhale strong paint. I only smell them a little. To mix the paint, all you have to do is shake the marker and depress the point several times. The point stays firm, in one place, and you can mark with continuous smooth flow. You don’t have to worry about how to stroke with a brush. 

The only thing I hate about the way the markers are sold is you only get five colors in a pack. I would like to see all of the colors in one big pack. Mixing colors would be kind of hard to do like using flat out paint and a brush. So, I would prefer a full pack of all colors.

I love the shine of the Sharpie oil-based markers. A Sharpie leaves a pretty oil shine on plastic or glass. When I am through using the markers, I do not have to worry about cleaning up anything. There is no mess. I can put my cap on the marker and go. I do not have to wait hours for my painting to dry.

When I use to look at painters like Alex Ross of comic books, I thought, “I’ll never be able to paint and get a half way decent looking painting.” With just a simple paint marker like Sharpie, my dream might come true. However, a sharpie only has one kind of affect. It does not give you the airbrush affect, but I am satisfied. Maybe in the future there will be a Sharpie airbrush special made pen without a compressor. Yet, and still, I love the Sharpie oil-based paint markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ledface Blog

pixelsworld @Wikinut